Wednesday, June 15 (Preliminary Program)
Session 5 – Film Growth, Process Control, and Model Based Concepts
Chairmen: Prof. Dr. B. Szyszka, Prof. Dr. Y. Shigesato
- 08:30 a.m. – 09:00 a.m. Keynote lecture
- Modelling of Titania Growth by DC Magnetron Sputtering
Prof. Dr. Stephane Lucas, University of Namur, Belgium
- 09:00 a.m. – 09:20 a.m. Invited lecture
- Deterioration of Windshields by Stone Impacts and Wiper Scratches - Comparison of Glass with Coated Plastics
Dr. Annegret Matthai, Audi AG, Germany
- 09:20 a.m. – 09:40 a.m.
- Effect of Substrate Temperature on Morphology and Resistivity of Inkjet Printed ITO
Dr. Thiago Martins Amaral, INM - Leibniz Institute for Materials, Germany
- 09:40 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Preparation and Characteristics of Al Doped ZnO Transparent Conductive Films
Dr. Junjun Jia, Graduate School of Science and Engineering Aoyama Gakuin University, Japan
- 10:00 a.m. – 10:20 a.m. Invited lecture
- Photovoltaics Towards Terawatt Scale: Challenges in Research
Prof. Dr. Bernd Rech, Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH/ PVcomB, Germany
- 10:20 a.m. – 10:50 p.m.
- Coffee break
Session 6 – Energy Conversion, Saving, and Storage
Chairmen: Dr. W. DeBosscher, K. Kato
- 10:50 a.m. – 11:20 a.m. Keynote lecture
- Switchable Mirrors Based on Metal Hydrides for Smart Windows
Dr. Yasusei Yamada, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Japan
- 11:20 a.m. – 11:40 a.m. Invited lecture
- Thin Film Battery Pilot Production Challenges
Benoit Riou, STMicroelectronics, France
- 11:40 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Invited lecture
- International Technology Roadmap for Photovoltaic
Dr. Jutta Trube, VDMA Photovoltaic-Equipment, Germany
- 12:00 p.m. – 12:20 p.m.
- Realistic Performance Evaluation of 4-Terminal Perovskite/c-Si Tandem Modules
Dr. Wim Soppe, ECN-Solliance, The Netherlands
- 12:20 p.m. – 12:40 p.m.
- Sputtered Photochromic and Electrochromic Devices Based on Tungsten Oxide and Redox Electrolyte
Dr. Andreas Georg, Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems ISE, Germany
- 12:40 p.m. – 02:00 p.m.
- Lunch break
Session 7 – Optics, Consumer Electronics, and Communication
Chairmen: Prof. Dr. N. Kaiser, Dr. G. Ockenfuß
- 02:00 p.m. – 02:30 p.m. Keynote lecture
- Recent Developments in the Field of Precision Optical Coatings
Dr. Marcus Frank, Optics Balzers AG, Liechtenstein
- 02:30 p.m. – 02:50 p.m. Invited lecture
- Plasma Diagnostics for Efficient Optimization of Optical Coatings
Dr. Rüdiger Foest, INP Greifswald e.V., Germany
- 02:50 p.m. – 03:10 p.m.
- Printed P(VDF-TrFE) Films and Nanocomposite Coatings as Sensor Materials on Plastic Substrates
Dr. Daniela Collin, Fraunhofer ISC, Germany
- 03:10 p.m. – 03:50 p.m.
- Coffee break
- 03:50 p.m. – 04:10 p.m.
- Towards Tunable Thin Film Filters with the Use of Liquid Crystals
Dr. Hagen Bartzsch, Fraunhofer Institute for Organic Electronics, Electron Beam and Plasma Technology FEP, Germany
- 04:10 p.m. – 04:30 p.m.
- Conformal Antireflection Coatings with Nanoporous SiO₂ made by Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD)
Lilit Ghazaryan, Friedrich-Schiller-Univerity Jena, Germany
Panel Discussion – Architectural Glazing – quo vadis?
Chairmen: Dr. J. Trube, Dr. M. Mennig, Dr. V. Sittinger
- 04:30 p.m. – 06:00 p.m.
- Moderator: Dr. Johannes Strümpfel, Senior Consultant PVD, Germany
International panelists will discuss major future trends in architectural glazing and façade elements with respect to innovative design, functionality, sustainability, and new technologies. Highly transparent and isolating glazing is proven to effectively reduce both heat losses in winter and heat impact in summer time. Despite great achievements in high performance low-E coatings this business needs more expansion since years.
- What are the challenges of different specifications and markets globally?
- Which improved solutions for glazing of buildings are desired by architects?
- Which solutions are provided by electrochromic or switching glazing?
- Which benefits for glazing and/or energy savings will be expected by building integrated photovoltaics?
- Which new technological recipes can be provided for glass, for coatings and related equipment? Can we expect any cost reduction roadmap? International Panelists:
- Dimitry Bernt, NSG Pilkington Glass, Russia
- Dr. Martin Pfeiffer; Heliatek GmbH, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Sener Oktik, Şişecam, Turkey
- Christoph Timm, SOM, USA
- Dr. Hartmut Wittkopf, EControl-Glas GmbH & Co. KG, Germany
- Last modified on:
- 2016-06-01 10:21:12 CEST
- All rights reserved © 2015 Fraunhofer IST